Who We Are
Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization that provides orthodontic care to individuals who may not have the opportunity to acquire assistance. Launched in 2008, Smile for a Lifetime Foundation aims to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs. The Foundation sponsors the orthodontic care of hundreds of patients each year. Smile for a Lifetime Foundation has participating orthodontists throughout the US. Each chapter has its own local Board of Directors who choose patients to be treated by the Foundation.
Starting 2018, Serenity Orthodontics North Georgia Chapter a 501(c)(3) nonprofit provides no-cost braces to underserved children in the local community surrounding our Cumming and Braselton Offices.
Dr Susan Podray and the entire Serenity Orthodontics team is dedicated to the communities in which we live and practice. We operate our practice on 3 core values: Patient Safety, beautiful treatment outcomes and positive experiences. It is our mission to create self-confidence, inspire hope and change the lives of children in our community in a dramatic way. The gift of a smile can do all this for a deserving, underserved individual who, in turn, can use this gift to better themselves and our community in North Georgia.
- Letters of Recommendation are mandatory. Please do not submit more than two letters and limit each reference letter to one page each. Please type or print clearly with black ink (no pencil). Must be written by; school, church or community leaders that know the applicant.
- Please follow the instructions given on the online application on how to take your photos.
- Applicant must fill out and submit: application and applicant questionnaire.
- Your application, letters of reference and pictures will not be returned to you and will become property of Smile for a Lifetime Foundation.
- The applicant must be a local resident.
- Must be willing during the treatment period to “pay it forward” by completing 10-40 hours of community service at one of the charities on.
- Smile for a Lifetime’s Volunteer Opportunities list.
- Must have a significant aesthetic need for braces.
- Family income must not exceed 185% to 250% of poverty threshold.
- Must be between 11 and 18 years old.
- Must be a currently enrolled student and performing satisfactorily in school (minimum 2.0 GPA).
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Must agree to follow the treatment plan, and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time.
- Encouraged to show involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities.
Applications that do not meet these criteria will not be voted on by our Screening Committee. Our Screening Committee will meet quarterly to make their selections.
Return your completed application, applicant questionnaire, photos and letters of recommendation to:
3195 Trammel Rd,
Cumming GA, 30041
2695 Old Winder hwy
Braselton, GA, 30517